The Isle of Purbeck Sub-Aqua Club, IPSAC, based in Swanage, Dorset, was formed in 1988 by a group of Divers who were previously members of the oldest diving school in the UK, Divers Down of Swanage. When the commercial interests of Divers Down were sold in 1988, this group took the BSAC number and carried it on as a BSAC Diving Club, branch 1058, and the Isle of Purbeck Sub-Aqua Club was born.
The club currently has about 50 members with varying interests meaning that we cover a wide variety of diving. Over the winter months our 'Dive Plan' is prepared, this always includes club favourites such as the Black Hawk, Peverill Buoy and the Kyarra, but we're always looking for new dive sites and will explore anything which looks interesting. Having Swanage as our base means there's never a shortage of dive sites right on our doorstep. Click HERE to find out what diving we do.
Benefits of joining IPSAC
- Regular diving; every weekend and Wednesday evenings throughout the Summer
- Use of club member's RIBs for diving
- Unique online dive booking system
- Training by our qualified instructors from Ocean Diver to Dive Leader standard
- Regular skills refreshers
- Friendly members with a wealth of diving experience
- Low cost membership
- Social events throughout the year
Current club membership fees are £20 plus either membership of BSAC or proof of valid 3rd party diving insurance. You must also show proof of a valid diving medical.
If you are interested in joining us, whether you are an experienced diver, a beginner, or have never dived but would love to learn, please contact our club Chairman, Clare, by using our CONTACT US page.